Lighting a 50 cube

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I have a 50 cube somewhere in the 20lx20wx24h. I am going for mainly lps dominate tank. I currently have a mars aqua now. Wanting something with some controllability ramp up down. What's your opinions. I'm really liking the radion but it's Abit out of my range. Also really liking the aqamai lms light but cant seem to find the spread of that light. Would I be better off holding out and saving up for a radion.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I have a 50 cube somewhere in the 20lx20wx24h. I am going for mainly lps dominate tank. I currently have a mars aqua now. Wanting something with some controllability ramp up down. What's your opinions. I'm really liking the radion but it's Abit out of my range. Also really liking the aqamai lms light but cant seem to find the spread of that light. Would I be better off holding out and saving up for a radion.
Hydra 32hd. Made by AI who owns ecotech. Same components, and you can use the same spectrum as the AB+. It will be strong enough to support sps. I have sps with no issues in my 26x20x19 under a hydra 26hd

OP
OP
N

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek atlantik compact. I have one on my 24x24 and I love it. Better spread than the radions and no disco ball effect
Haha the radion is on the higher end of my budget I don't think this would even have been a thought in my mind lol it does seem like a very solid light though

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have to pay for ramping and all of that. Photon might be your least expensive bet. Used will be cheaper, but you take all the risks.

OP
OP
N

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for a radion xr15, then yes the orphek is more expensive. If you want the xr 30, then orphek is cheaper. If go with the xr30 if you did go with radion, due to the deeper tank you have
I really don't think I need a xr30 I'm not worried about depth there is plenty of corals that need low light

bob salzlein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aqamai LRm has a spread of 3'x3' and can grow anything you put under it. Priced lower so you can spend your money on buying corals.

bob salzlein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the lrs would be enough light?
Absolutely, it has a 2' x 2' spread. Check out the Hydorgroupusa Facebook page and look for the Living Reef Orlando Waterbox tank...they are constantly trimming that stuff back... set up for a very short time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back