Lighting a fusion 10

Saumann7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m wondering which light between a hydra 26, Ai prime or nanobox mini would work best for a fusion 10, ideally I’d like to keep basically anything I want. Any input or other suggestions are welcome.

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m wondering which light between a hydra 26, Ai prime or nanobox mini would work best for a fusion 10, ideally I’d like to keep basically anything I want. Any input or other suggestions are welcome.
I would recommend the Kessil a80 tuna blue, or AI prime (HD is a bit more powerful but might not be needed on a 10). I own Kessils and they have amazing customer service and quality.

Michael Llabona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the AI 26 is over kill for fusion 10. AI prime will handle anything you want. Blending the colors might be difficult. I've heard great things on nanobox. Kessils are also great

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Prime, Kessil A80 or A160, NanoBox mini, or even this reefbreeders light would all work well for the IM 10 :) just sort of depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

Lynchdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second ^^^. The reefbreeders light would actually be the best bang for your buck. I personally have it on a biocube 14 and I have everything from zoas to acros growing under it. They are not just surviving but thriving with great polyp extension and the current ramp timer can control it for basic ramp on and off. My second choice would be an AI prime. It is overkill for a 10 gallon nuvo but it can be turned down but it has great built in programs it can connect via WiFi and is fully customizable. Kessil A80 while a great like lacks the controllability without buying a $100 controller that isn’t even WiFi. The reefbreeder light can be found on amazon under the name hipargero for $60 and a ramp timer is $50 so $110 total. AI Prime 199.99+24.99 gooseneck 225 total or kessil A80 129.99 plus controller 99.99 and gooseneck 29.99 for a total of 260. The reefbreeder slight is 27 Watts And 3 points of light so less shadowing. AI prime 45 Watts single puck but spread a bit so little shadowing. Kessil A80 15watt dense puck with shadowing.

Back