Lighting Controllers

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to upgrade my lighting system to an EcoTech Marine Radion 15w pro. I see that the EcoTech controller gets mixed reviews. Do I really need this controller? Or should I adjust the lights by USB until I can save up money for an Apex controller (probably next year)?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks!
 
I wouldn't worry about it unless you have MP pumps. I have both the WXM and Reeflink. While I prefer using WXM, one loses features with it such as wave tuning or calibrating lights. The main weakness of Reeflink is that ESL goes down periodically for maintenance and it seems like some people have network issues in their homes that require a bit more than plug-n-play.

I'm using the Reeflink for my display, but have my basement stuff on WXM.
 
BUMP for the PM crowd - anyone else have an opinion on controllers? ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new