Lighting for a new tank

OCJoeR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've posted in the new tank area but this a more specific question regarding lighting so I thought this would be the place to ask. I picked up a Hygger Advanced 24/7 full spectrum light. It fits perfectly above my 36" wide tank. It has a control button that I'm still trying to figure out but it has several hour settings (4, 6, 8 hour timer) as well as a 24/7 type timer. I'm still not sure if the various colors of lights can be set to different times.

I've been trying to search for threads concerning how much, or should I say how long, the lights should be on. I plan on having a mixed tank, fish and coral. The tank is 36"w x 24"h x 12"d (45 gallons) and the sump is 28 gallons. I am in the process of putting in a Bean Animal filtration system. The light is a black box style I guess they're called with the little bars on each side to hold it just above the top of the tank. The brightest setting light up the whole tank very well. As I said I'm not sure right now if I can set the full light for a certain period of time and the other colors for other times but assuming this light allows that how much time would I want which color to be on?

I've attached a photo of where the tank will go once finished with the light on full.

Joe

Tank 1.jpg

OP
OP
O

OCJoeR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I’ll have to figure out how to make the timer on my lights work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back