Lighting Help for 36Lx36Wx18H

sageblade24

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2014
Messages
36
Reaction score
7
Location
Tampa, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to see what people think would be a better option for lighting my shallow 3' cube.

Tank Dimensions: 36 Long x 36 Wide x 18 High
Ecosystem: Mixed Reef

Options:

1. 2 Radion XR30s
2. 4 Radion XE15s
3. Other (provide suggestion)

I am siding with Radion only because the overall capabilities surpass most if not all competitors.

If you think a different brand would be better I'm all ears.
 
IMHO you'll definitely need 4 Radions to cover 36x36.

Alternative, great coverage and less expensive... two Reef Breeder 32" Photon V2+
I have 2 over my 36x30 tank and I'm very happy with the light and the fixture quality.
 
If you have any questions about the Photon or lighting in general, I'm happy to help.
 
I've heard Orphek is comparable to Radion. You have a square tank so go for a square distribution of light. Two Radion panels does not make square.
Basically, the more spread, the better. I use t5s and led bars for even coverage and full spectrum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new