OP
OP
Dreamscapesaquatics

Dreamscapesaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you care about controllability (ramping, individual color control, etc.)

Do you like shimmer?
I do like shimmer. I think it gives a more natural feel. Color control can be minimal. But some would be nice. I tend to lean toward more of the deep blues. Mostly healthy corals.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like shimmer. I think it gives a more natural feel. Color control can be minimal. But some would be nice. I tend to lean toward more of the deep blues. Mostly healthy corals.

If you are on a budget, the nicrew hyper reefs are fine. You might like the red sea lights. Heavily blue, minimal white, and good shimmer. I would say kessils but the red sea lights are more budget friendly per the area they light. Two of the led50's should be ok, and you could always add a third down the road if you wanted.

OP
OP
Dreamscapesaquatics

Dreamscapesaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are on a budget, the nicrew hyper reefs are fine. You might like the red sea lights. Heavily blue, minimal white, and good shimmer. I would say kessils but the red sea lights are more budget friendly per the area they light. Two of the led50's should be ok, and you could always add a third down the road if you wanted.
I'll take a look. Thank you

OP
OP
Dreamscapesaquatics

Dreamscapesaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the look of the red sea 50s. The videos I watched have the look I'm going for with the blues and shimmer I like. The controlability looks on spec as well. Still open to suggestions of course as this build is in the early planning stages. Thanks for the help.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the look of the red sea 50s. The videos I watched have the look I'm going for with the blues and shimmer I like. The controlability looks on spec as well. Still open to suggestions of course as this build is in the early planning stages. Thanks for the help.
2 of them? They are only 50 watts.

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New noopsyche aren't to bad either. K73 140 w and I seen they came out with a different controller. But they can grow corals for sure

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New noopsyche aren't to bad either. K73 140 w and I seen they came out with a different controller. But they can grow corals for sure
I agree. Two @noopsyche k7 140 watters would be great. And right now, 300 bucks all in for two lights. Can’t beat the price and the lights are fantastic.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look neat I wish I could get my hands on one to play with it lol
Enter the give away. They have one going.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back