Lighting help

SaltAddict89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a budget of roughly 200 bucks and was looking at a 36" orbit Led with controller or one ebay 165watt dimmable for my new tank 36x24x16 mainly keeping zoas and softies and maybe a frag or 2 of sps. I plan on purchasing the light next week.

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely go with the reef breeder value

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Values are 24 inches and your tank is 36 so 90 will leave some shadow at edges of tank depending on how high you put it above your tank. 120 will definitely cover whole tank.

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the ocean revive arctic s026. I also had the reefbreeder value fixture. I think both lights are well worth the money. I changed to the OR due to the light spread difference, the OR has more spaced leds. The cube styling of my tank is a little harder for front to back light coverage. Check them both out.

KRAZE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure that you have enough light covering front to back on the tank... At 24" that's quite a bit of spread you will need. I'm not too familiar with the OR lights yet but I wouldn't recomend the RB value fixture alone... maybe if it was hung high enough,or lenses completely removed, but still not a ton of light on that size tank. Are you set on getting LED lighting?

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure that you have enough light covering front to back on the tank... At 24" that's quite a bit of spread you will need. I'm not too familiar with the OR lights yet but I wouldn't recomend the RB value fixture alone... maybe if it was hung high enough,or lenses completely removed, but still not a ton of light on that size tank. Are you set on getting LED lighting?

The front to back part of the tank is why I suggested the OR over the RB. Iam currently running a 45g cube from marine land.

KRAZE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that does look to be a good option, just checked them out and it says coverage of 36x24 at a foot off the tank, so should be good. Look forward to seeing what a get

KRAZE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yo jorge! I'm seeing him tonight actually so i'll let ya know

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the 24" might have been the height of the tank not front to back. Either way please post with a review of your selection. I have a 65G, 36w x 18d x 25h that I am contemplating leds. thanks Kurt.

J062682l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean revive has its own thread going on I believe the t247 is good for that tank 1 light might be a little shady around the edges but should work ask the ocean revive guy

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Other.

Back