Lighting Options for 50 Gallon

SaltLifer86

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
18
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I want to purchase a light or two for my 50 gallon. The dimensions are 36” wide x 20“ tall x 15” depth. I’m looking at two Aqua-illumination 16hd lights, but not sure if this will be enough. I appreciate any suggestions on other brands and models to compare.
 
What is your plan for the tank? (2) AI 16 HD will give you reasonable coverage, but if it is enough or not will (at least partially) depend on what you hope to keep.
 
I’m not sure yet but I don’t like the idea of being limited. I’ll look at what I like and do some more reading. Thank you.
 
I keep 2 primes over my 40 breeder and I keep everything up to the easier encrusting sps. I’ve never tried branching or the harder sps though. I run them at approx 80% and they do a great job at growing everything mid tank, I don’t have any corals at “the top” so I don’t know how they would turn out
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new