Lighting questions for 36x36x30 cube

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning a 36x36x30 cube build i would like to know what everyone who have DD cubes run on their cubes. my last tank was a 300 marineland DD and i ran 6 radion gen 3 on the tank. that tank was just to big for the in wall spot i put it. i am curious if any one runs a 36" ATI 8x39 fixture and if any one MH/T5 on their larger cubes. if you have any picture plase share.

Thank You

OP
OP
Hausser

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Winschuc do you have any pictures? i would like to see how you have them mounted andcoral pictures.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pair of Radion G4 Pros over mine. I had a 400 watt Hamilton halide over it previously, and may be going back to it. My real draw to having LEDs is that I work second shift and can use twilight settings so the family can see a fully lit tank in the evening and I can get a glimpse when I'm home.

Not that my tank is in a condition to say that I'm right, but I think this tank would be served very well with a 400 watt halide with a couple Reefbrite strips for color tuning and twilight use.

I'm pretty tempted to sell my G2 Radions for Reefbrite strips and see what happens.

OP
OP
Hausser

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am probably going to run MH and 2 radions if i can fit them, i can see selling mine just to purcashe a different brand led. i like the control ability of the radions and i may be able to manipulate some coral colors buy doing so. nice thing about the radions is i can adjust the power.

epstein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to be building a floating canopy and supplementing with 2 t5 strips and led moon lights for effect.... I love my 400 watt. I wouldnt recommend anything else

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am probably going to run MH and 2 radions if i can fit them, i can see selling mine just to purcashe a different brand led. i like the control ability of the radions and i may be able to manipulate some coral colors buy doing so. nice thing about the radions is i can adjust the power.

I did that and believe it would be good in a 200DD, but it's too wide for the 150. A huge amount of the light from the Radions just turns the glass into an ATS.

Here is mine, which is a modified RMS mount.

IMG_1481238678.283468.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back