lighting recommendations for 30 gallon long

rodneyfisher

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Muscle Shoals
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for lighting recommendations for a 30 gallon long. Need something affordable under $250
 
I have not really messed with the cheap nicrews and such but have heard they work. I think the noop would work. You could try it and see the coverage at different mounting heights might cover it but I think they are 24x24 coverage. You could do the k7 pro and 1 or 2 minis as needed might be a little over the 250 with a pro and a mini. Maybe 3 minis? A 30" blade grow would work well on the ext legs would cover it very nice but thats more in the 250-300 range.
 
So do you think the blade grow would be a better option over the NooPsyche K7 Pro 3?
 
So do you think the blade grow would be a better option over the NooPsyche K7 Pro 3?
It would cover better imo length wise. I have a 21" over a 20x20 tank and I get 100-120 par at the sand bed at about 60% intensity. That said I do not own a noop have looked into them and have heard good things about their output. I currently am not 100% on the lights coverage area but power from what I have heard is there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new