Lighting settings HELP!

CrazyCoolFishGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2023
Messages
41
Reaction score
11
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Happy Friday! I need some help with my lights settings as I believe its playing a big factor with my red slime Algae problem. I currently have no coral but looking to add some in a month or so. it was alot worse about a month ago, but with the help of a UV sterilizer, a ton of snails, etc, its been so much more manageable. But ive been checking my water at my local fish store and its been perfect, so now I believe its the lights as Ive never really been a professional in that department. I Will post my setting I currently have the AI ones, so any help would be amazing! Thanks!!!
1000028598.jpg
 
Yes, so I currently have a 100 gallon Waterbox, ill post a pic here of what it currently looks like. It was ALOT worse a month ago to the point where everything was solid red, couldn't see more rock. The UV has done wonders, I have upgraded to 2 Emerald Crabs, 20+ normal crabs, snails, and a sand shifter Starfish. Im kinda stuck and thus battle has been 4+ months.
1000028599.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new