Lighting suggestion for 3ft frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter kahjun896
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kahjun896

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2021
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Location
Malaysia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,

would like to have some lighting suggestion for a new frag tank sized 3 L x 2 W x 1 H (ft) that i am setting up soon...Will just be keeping mainly LPS and softies

Currently got a good price on a Hydra64 HD, so am wondering if 1 Hydra64 would be sufficient? my other alternatives would be Hydra32 x2 / Radion xr15 G6 x2
 
Hi reefers,

would like to have some lighting suggestion for a new frag tank sized 3 L x 2 W x 1 H (ft) that i am setting up soon...Will just be keeping mainly LPS and softies

Currently got a good price on a Hydra64 HD, so am wondering if 1 Hydra64 would be sufficient? my other alternatives would be Hydra32 x2 / Radion xr15 G6 x2
I have a single hydra 64 over a 40 gallon breeder with tons of LPS and softies and even some montis that’s re doing awesome. I think it should work for you!
 
I have a single hydra 64 over a 40 gallon breeder with tons of LPS and softies and even some montis that’s re doing awesome. I think it should work for you!
at what height are they mounted ?
 
My old 36×24×12.
3 16hds worked well.
Im running 2 xr15 gen5 blue on my new 30×24×16 frag system.
The 64 or 15's will work well.
20220822_190034.jpg
20220403_161808.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new