lighting

eland

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Lafayette,LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you guys use for a 48" x 96" x 18" tank. I am planning to use 4 - 400 wt MH but I am open to suggestions. I plan on having SPS, LPS and some fish.

Thanks,
 
Last edited:
What reflectors are you planning on using? Most are 2'x2' for coverage, which would mean you'd need 8 reflectors for consitant coverage in terms of PAR. I'd also for only 20" of depth go with 250w setup.
 
Last edited:
What reflectors are you planning on using? Most are 2'x2' for coverage, which would mean you'd need 8 reflectors for consitant coverage in terms of PAR. I'd also for only 20" of depth go with 250w setup.

The overflow is in the middle of the tank so I only have about 20 inches on the sides and about 36" x 36" on each end. I haven't decided on the reflectors but I have been looking at the Lumenarc pendants.
 
Lumenarcs will give ya the coverage you need... Add some vho actinics and your in buisness.... Also like mentioned use 250w bulbs there plenty..;)
 
Eland everything went ok on the second move? Sounds like it did since you are in the light planing stage of the set up. We will have to go check it out and bring the PAR meter to get some readings.
 
Eland everything went ok on the second move? Sounds like it did since you are in the light planing stage of the set up. We will have to go check it out and bring the PAR meter to get some readings.

Hey Louis, no we haven't moved it yet. I am thinking about trying to round up the guys again and shoot for May 15th. We are going to take extra care and package this one up before we transport it.
 
LED all the way, the technology is here. I have them over my tank, corals are happy, my tank is 60 X 24 X 24. I would go DIY, 2 racks of LED total of 600 watt of LED, cost at around 2500.
 
LED all the way, the technology is here. I have them over my tank, corals are happy, my tank is 60 X 24 X 24. I would go DIY, 2 racks of LED total of 600 watt of LED, cost at around 2500.

Any suggestions on the type or brand of LED's? I never really thought of LED's because of them being new and not proven.
 
Any suggestions on the type or brand of LED's? I never really thought of LED's because of them being new and not proven.


I am using Cree XPG for white and XPE Royal Blue. Cree is well known. I am using 2 white + 1 blue configuration. My DIY LED is also dimmable, I control it with Digital Aquatic ALC module for dawn to dusk effect, dimming is nice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new