Lightning, coral and fish sanity

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dbatty9979
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dbatty9979

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a v2 ilumier and I'm having trouble understanding the point in the blue trim and the lunar setting because I've been told to have my light off at night to allow my fish to sleep otherwise they will stress out. So my question is... is this correct or would my tank benefit from leaving the blue trim on overnight?
 
I have a v2 ilumier and I'm having trouble understanding the point in the blue trim and the lunar setting because I've been told to have my light off at night to allow my fish to sleep otherwise they will stress out. So my question is... is this correct or would my tank benefit from leaving the blue trim on overnight?
It's really up to personal preference. Me, I prefer to have the tank completely dark to allow the fish undisturbed sleep, and the SPS corals time to extend their polyps to eat. Others do it because the tank is in their room and they don't want the light on all night. My thought process is if i'm sleeping, and nobody is awake to view it, why have the lights on :)
 
I wouldn't leave any light on at night either. Let the fish relax and sleep. If your light has it, you can simulate the lunar cycle which can create a dim light simulating full moon once a month. That may not be bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new