Lightning for red mangrove?

persvensson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
Location
sweden
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently growing a red mangrove and will be adding it to my tank after acclimation. It’s currently under an AI Prime, but I’m looking to upgrade to a more efficient lighting setup. What light should I consider? How many watts and what spectrum would be ideal? If this isn’t the right place to post, I apologize, admins, feel free to remove. I appreciate any help or advice!
 
Not sure what is best, but I use a 65 watt 5000k plant grow light from Amazon for 9.5 hours per day. Many to chose from on Amazon, mine is used to grow desert plants and is very bright.
image.jpg
 
Not sure what is best, but I use a 65 watt 5000k plant grow light from Amazon for 9.5 hours per day. Many to chose from on Amazon, mine is used to grow desert plants and is very bright.
image.jpg
thats so smart, I think I'm going to copy you :winking-face-with-tongue:
But how do you water the leaves like that?

Right now I use a nicrew 100 watt light, and its growing fine, but the tree is growing past my light and I've been struggling how to accommodate both my corals and the tree at the same time, but I guess its time to split the light duties
 
thats so smart, I think I'm going to copy you :winking-face-with-tongue:
But how do you water the leaves like that?

Right now I use a nicrew 100 watt light, and its growing fine, but the tree is growing past my light and I've been struggling how to accommodate both my corals and the tree at the same time, but I guess its time to split the light duties
Thanks…
I just spray the leaves towards the wall and have a plastic tray that I hold behind the tree to catch some of the spray. I do it daily with not much problem. I’m not sure how important watering a red mangrove is, but I do it, black mangroves for sure must be sprayed, imo. I’ve seen others use only the aquarium light and not have the growth I’m getting with a dedicated plant light. Coral did react negatively early on as I kept increasing the light but not sure if it was light or unstable young tank. I much prefer natural light vs heavy blue only, so that is a plus for me…
 
Not sure what is best, but I use a 65 watt 5000k plant grow light from Amazon for 9.5 hours per day. Many to chose from on Amazon, mine is used to grow desert plants and is very bright.
image.jpg
Do you know what light this is?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new