Lightning help

Wc_aquariums

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone just trying to get people opinions on lights to buy for a reef tank and if you can post some pictures of the light and how they look. Thanks!
 
Wow, that's a really broad question that is going to be hard to answer....so many choices out there! A bit more information would probably help some of the lighting experts help you...

Size tank
FOWLR or Reef
Mainly Softies, LPS, or SPS corals

I use RapidLED Onyx lights on my reef tank...they are an older light I purchased used. I may be thinking of changing them out in the next year or so.
 
Wow, that's a really broad question that is going to be hard to answer....so many choices out there! A bit more information would probably help some of the lighting experts help you...

Size tank
FOWLR or Reef
Mainly Softies, LPS, or SPS corals

I use RapidLED Onyx lights on my reef tank...they are an older light I purchased used. I may be thinking of changing them out in the next year or so.
Well I’m just looking for the best spectrum for a reef I have a 24x24x16 it’s a LPS dominated tank and I was thinking about the AI prim HD but I’m not sure with all these choices out there.
 
Well I’m just looking for the best spectrum for a reef I have a 24x24x16 it’s a LPS dominated tank and I was thinking about the AI prim HD but I’m not sure with all these choices out there.

I've been thinking about switching over to a T5/LED light system. As for the big name brands lights...I have a hard time paying the ridiculous prices they are charging. There are so many nice successful systems running cheaper blackbox lights!

I have a cheaper ReefBreeders 16" basic light on a coral quarantine tank that seems to grow corals better than my display tank lights!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new