Lightning maroon and RBTA

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into getting a new home for my maroon clown how accepting are they to an anemone do they go to it as they see it ? Does it take time ? Let me know your experiences

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into getting a new home for my maroon clown how accepting are they to an anemone do they go to it as they see it ? Does it take time ? Let me know your experiences
Lightning maroon clown was so territorial it would not share any of its 13 RBTAs with additional 'Nemos' added for family. Loved how he swam from one to another.

Biggest regret is getting extra "Nemos" and selling Lightning - he had more personality than all other other clowns combined. His new home was warned he had compatibility with clown problem, but they had a X-LARGE tomato clown that had lost its mate, and they had extra tanks without clowns if couldn't get my Lightning with their Tomato. Got them together in a flower pot. Worked out great short term - no long time compatibility story here as Lightning was only survivor during TX Feb 2021 ice storm.

Like any clown & anemone pairing, if at first clown doesn't go to host anemone, give it time. Tape to side of tank a photo of other clown in an anemone to give it the idea. Some play video for their clowns to teach them. It works out. They don't need an anemone. One of my Nemos is living under a Xenia during the day, but going to anemones at night to cuddle with others... Each one is different

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back