Limits on Multiple Pistol Shrimp Per Tank?

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Currently have a Randall's Pistol (AKA Candy cane Pistol) shrimp in my nano with a pair of Antenna Gobies. Currently I'm expanding that tank and was curious about adding another Randall's Pistol or two to the system. I know they are next to impossible to sex, but I was hoping that I may luck out and get two of the pistols to pair up and the third to just have his own den. As long as they have space to have their own 'digs' they shouldn't quarrel correct?

Brofessor

View Badges
Reaction score
I've only had pistols for about 3 months now. Had a Caribbean for 2 then gave him to someone, and now I've had a Randall's for a month. I noticed that both of them tend to wander once the lights are off and dig different burrows. I could see that leading to territory disputes, but I could be wrong.

It'd be great to hear from someone who has tried, though.

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
I've only had pistols for about 3 months now. Had a Caribbean for 2 then gave him to someone, and now I've had a Randall's for a month. I noticed that both of them tend to wander once the lights are off and dig different burrows. I could see that leading to territory disputes, but I could be wrong.

It'd be great to hear from someone who has tried, though.
So you have 2 different species or 2 rabdali together?

Will you be participating in Secret Santa 2019?

• Yep! Count me in! (Be sure to register in the thread)

Votes: 131 63.6%
  • Not this year

Votes: 63 30.6%
  • I hope to, but I'm not located in the USA (Please be sure to PM Santa Claus about this issue)

Votes: 12 5.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors