Limpet?

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a limpet? I have been seeing a couple of these in the filter of my 30 gallon tank. This is the biggest one I've seen so far and I've only ever been able to spot them in the filter, never on coral, live rock, on the glass etc. Any insight would be awesome!
20200220_183359.jpg

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I do have snails but so far (knock on wood) haven't seen anything bother them but hermit crabs.
I've been watching these for a few months and they seem docile. I was just cleaning the filter saw them and thought, "man, they would be sweet to put in my new 75. Better ask before tossing a potential bomb though!"

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Limpet for sure, I bought a few for my nano and they cleared house of algae but if they fall over they will always fall on their backs and die eventually. Hermits I imagine will eat them as well if they're upside down

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What luck I found 3 in one of my tanks. Thought I saw them last night when the lights were diming(all blue at that time) and checked today and found 3 of them. They're like a 1/8th inch big.

sweet! I ended up moving like 4 of the ones I found into the sump on my 75. Things are prolific, there are easy 30 in there now! Looks like they are doing a good job and keeping the walls clean too. Still no issues in the display or with my other snails. I think they are a sweet bonus!

Limpet for sure, I bought a few for my nano and they cleared house of algae but if they fall over they will always fall on their backs and die eventually. Hermits I imagine will eat them as well if they're upside down

i dunno man, the ones I moved I literally just dropped in, the small ones look like they can right themselves pretty well. I do agree, they are awesome for film algae though!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back