Linear actuator corrosion prevention

  • Thread starter Thread starter M_norrick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

M_norrick

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2015
Messages
111
Reaction score
33
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot.. I am currently in the middle of a 180 gallon in wall reef build and am adding a couple 24" 12 volt linear actuators to be controlled by my iPad to raise and lower the hood for maintenance and feeding. I am concerned about salt mist and corrosion. Is there any coating I can put on these to prevent this from happening? These actuators are kind of pricey and would hate to replace them every couple years. I have heard about Vaseline on hinges but would like something a little more permanent. Thanks in advance!!
 
Can you cover the tank top? That would be my first thought. My tank has been covered for 18ish months with no problems at all. It will cut down on evap. and keep other things from rusting as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new