Lineatus Needs Your Help!

I vented the wrasse today and it didn't help. I noticed that the bulge was more on the ventral side of the fish. I think it is a
Bowel obstruction or intentional issue.
Not sure what to do...?
 
I didn't see him eat today. He is starting the decline I think. The venting and prazi are my last efforts... :(

If this is a bowel obstruction, here are two things you can try:
  1. Dose Epsom salt @ 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Sometimes it works as a laxative.
  2. Kanamycin aka Kanaplex often causes diarrhea as a side effect.
Feeding a peeled boiled pea will sometimes help to "push things out", but it would be difficult to even get a healthy wrasse to eat one of those.
 
If this is a bowel obstruction, here are two things you can try:
  1. Dose Epsom salt @ 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Sometimes it works as a laxative.
  2. Kanamycin aka Kanaplex often causes diarrhea as a side effect.
Feeding a peeled boiled pea will sometimes help to "push things out", but it would be difficult to even get a healthy wrasse to eat one of those.
He is on kanaplex and prazi now. I tried the boiled pea two days ago and he wasn't going to eat it. I don't want to add the salts because I feel that might be to much for him, with everything else. If this doesn't help I'll run the salts this weekend, if he hasn't already expired by then...
 
He is on kanaplex and prazi now. I tried the boiled pea two days ago and he wasn't going to eat it. I don't want to add the salts because I feel that might be to much for him, with everything else. If this doesn't help I'll run the salts this weekend, if he hasn't already expired by then...

FWIW; Epsom salt is just magnesium sulfate, which is present in natural seawater. Elevating it a bit to possibly relieve constipating won't stress him at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new