OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vented the wrasse today and it didn't help. I noticed that the bulge was more on the ventral side of the fish. I think it is a
Bowel obstruction or intentional issue.
Not sure what to do...?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see him eat today. He is starting the decline I think. The venting and prazi are my last efforts... :(

If this is a bowel obstruction, here are two things you can try:
  1. Dose Epsom salt @ 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Sometimes it works as a laxative.
  2. Kanamycin aka Kanaplex often causes diarrhea as a side effect.
Feeding a peeled boiled pea will sometimes help to "push things out", but it would be difficult to even get a healthy wrasse to eat one of those.

OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is a bowel obstruction, here are two things you can try:
  1. Dose Epsom salt @ 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Sometimes it works as a laxative.
  2. Kanamycin aka Kanaplex often causes diarrhea as a side effect.
Feeding a peeled boiled pea will sometimes help to "push things out", but it would be difficult to even get a healthy wrasse to eat one of those.
He is on kanaplex and prazi now. I tried the boiled pea two days ago and he wasn't going to eat it. I don't want to add the salts because I feel that might be to much for him, with everything else. If this doesn't help I'll run the salts this weekend, if he hasn't already expired by then...

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is on kanaplex and prazi now. I tried the boiled pea two days ago and he wasn't going to eat it. I don't want to add the salts because I feel that might be to much for him, with everything else. If this doesn't help I'll run the salts this weekend, if he hasn't already expired by then...

FWIW; Epsom salt is just magnesium sulfate, which is present in natural seawater. Elevating it a bit to possibly relieve constipating won't stress him at all.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 103 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back