Lion fish

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
475
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a some what empty 20 gallon long tank. Just filled with sand rocks and a few chocolate chip starfish. The light turns on everyday but nothing really yo look at for several months now. Thinking a fun mancho lion fish would do well in it. Thoughts on that?
 
On live aquaria, it says a minimum tank size of 30 gallons with a lot of hiding spots? On google a normal 30 gallon tank is 30'' x 12'' x 18'' and a 20 gallon long would be 30'' x 12'' x 12''. So I think you could try it if it has lots of other hiding spots as well in your aquascape. Not sure though.
 
Should be fine then but you should probably get a second opinion. Also was I right on your tank dimensions?
 
I think its too small, look at some small scorpion fish like a yellow spot, or even a wartskin angler.
 
You talking about a dwarf lion fish? Because even that I would think would quickly outgrow the tank. Absolute no on a regular lionfish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new