Lionfish in 45 gal?

JohnnyReef13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2024
Messages
150
Reaction score
88
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! My tank is currently overstocked. If I restart, should I add a Lionfish? Would it be appropiate?
 
Hello everyone! My tank is currently overstocked. If I restart, should I add a Lionfish? Would it be appropiate?
No. Lionfish get big. Like 15 inches. With their fins and spines think about basketball or beach ball size fish trying to swim around your tank.
 
It depends on the type of lionfish. The only two that might work are the Fu Manchu lionfish, which is hard to find and challenging to care for, and the fuzzy dwarf lionfish.

How many post are you gonna make?
 
Last edited:
Ya no. And reading all of your posts on the account you started today, I would question whether these are real post with real questions. If they are then you need to get rid of your fox face and trigger. No you can't put a six line in a 12 gallon. No you can't put a lion in a 45. No Tang's,
 
It depends on the type of lionfish. The only two that might work are the Fu Manchu lionfish, which is hard to find and challenging to care for, and the fuzzy dwarf lionfish.

How many post are you gonna make?
How big to those get?
 
Ya no. And reading all of your posts on the account you started today, I would question whether these are real post with real questions. If they are then you need to get rid of your fox face and trigger. No you can't put a six line in a 12 gallon. No you can't put a lion in a 45. No Tang's,
Hey! So 2 of those posts aren't mine, and I do not currently have any triggers. I only started so much because at first it refreshed the page or something.
 
Hey so I've seen a Fu Manchu at my store!
 
Hey so I've seen a Fu Manchu at my store!
Just know they are very difficult fish to care for, I would be cautious of getting one if I were you.
 
Hey! I'm not planning to get one at this time! Thanks for your input!
 
Hey! So 2 of those posts aren't mine, and I do not currently have any triggers. I only started so much because at first it refreshed the page or something.
You had 2 that got eaten by your snow flake in your 45 gallon
 
Just know they are very difficult fish to care for, I would be cautious of getting one if I were you.
Roger that
Yeah you are better off with the similar dwarf fuzzy…. Both will require a lil bit of training in a tank full of faster/more aggressive fish…they sort of “stalk” their food so its best to get them to associate “you” with food and at a specific feeding times…I have a dwarf fuzzy, I would show you pics as he usually come out when he sees me, but it just got fed….they can also be trained to be hand fed (with tongs of course )
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new