Liquid Coral Food left out of Fridge

Reef GE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left Red Sea A and B bottles out of the fridge overnight (in the car in August....80 degrees). Are the contents ruined? Both bottles were 75% full. I was transporting new corals from a friend and forgot about the food he gave me. :(

Please tell me there's hope to keep using this!

Micah

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do they smell like? Do they smell the same as they did before? Or are they incredibly fishy/potent/unappealing, moreso than before?

I worry about the heat distorting the protein "flocks" in the A bottle, and potentially screwing with the vitamins in the B bottle. Even though the ambient temp was 80 F, the car probably got to around 100+ in internal temperature. I'm also concerned about bacterial growth in the bottles, with bacteria taking advantage of the "delicious" contents of both bottles, hence the question about the smell test.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started using this I didn’t realize it needed refrigerated and I left at room temperature for many days, 72 degrees.
I still used all of it and had no detrimental effects, and and seemed to still work as it should. Noticed no bad smell.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based upon @Eggs experience I think that there are probably some stabilizers and antibiotic parameters (thinking pH) that help keep these products safe from "normal" use. I agree that if they have swelled up and stink bad you probably ruined them, but I doubt it.

giphy.gif

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back