Little help here if you may.

KetoBlends

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know about this hygger nano wave maker and what’s the best spot for it?

20260315_200827_10D6F2F9-C670-400D-A718-92382BC8D9E3.png
 
The best placement for it is wherever you like the looks of it. I tend to keep my wavemakers a few inches below the surface but they're gyres so they're not really adjustable and I have them high enough to not cause a huge sand storm. With wavemakers like yours that can be aimed, I usually go either 2"-3" down from the surface and aim it so that it's not disturbing the sand and isn't causing huge disturbance in the surface but still allows for plenty of surface movement to help with gas exchange.

I usually set it, get the surface agitation I'm looking for and then watch the sand.

If it's still stirring sand I'll watch it for a bit and see if it's digging pits and then adjust as needed.

If the sand is stirring you can lower the powerhead and aim it up a little more.

If the powerhead power/speed is adjustable you can always start with a lower setting and slowly turn it up until you find the flow you're looking for.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new