Little Red Ferrari

In my experience the dark purplish with green tips/polyps (CC Needle in a haystack/RMF Last Dragon) is much more forgiving than Little Red Ferrari.
I might go with that one then...I've just heard from a few people now about RTN and bleaching of Little Red Ferrari and really don't wanna watch it slowly fade away... The other is slightly cheaper at about $35 and i think a little bigger as well.
 
I have grown a tyree red dragon the size of a grapefruit and it was then gone in a week! In my case I messed up a new RODI unit and this one went first before I caught it.

It is always basics and nothing fancy to make them grow.

I just used Kalk metered drip at night, measure alk at 7:30 pm every other day, and 425 potassium. Reef Crystals did just fine. I fed tank moderately well with large tangs. I would do bare bottom FOUR mp40s all the way up in such a way detritus collects in front of the tank to siphon. I use 6+2 T5's around 75% output. They thrive on more flow than thought necessary in past. You move the food and bacteria to them!

Just that simple. Reef Builder has show colony on channel this monthe and Ref Bum always sells them. I have the fancier ones from WWC now.
 
I have always had a love hate relationship with the popular dragon acros mentioned here. They peel so fast it’s really hard to watch. This is one reason I am really a huge fan boy for using a turkey baster to keep corals clean. For the people that have never used one to blow their rocks out give it a shot and see if you can avoid clouding the tank, I bet you can’t :) Corals seemed to love the bursts of flow on them as well. To me this hobby boils down to keeping detritus in check and keeping everything as simple as possible.
 
I have always had a love hate relationship with the popular dragon acros mentioned here. They peel so fast it’s really hard to watch. This is one reason I am really a huge fan boy for using a turkey baster to keep corals clean. For the people that have never used one to blow their rocks out give it a shot and see if you can avoid clouding the tank, I bet you can’t :) Corals seemed to love the bursts of flow on them as well. To me this hobby boils down to keeping detritus in check and keeping everything as simple as possible.
I would agree with that. I have 3xWAVs and 2xMP40s in a 150g cube yet still suffering from inadequate flow! To me it's all about flow, light, and stable alk (in that order). The rest is just "nice to have"... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Ouch!! I only see slow bleaching, never saw peeling. Some recover
 
How does the little red Ferrari compare to a standard red dragon acropora in terms of light and ease of care?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new