Little white beads

  • Thread starter Thread starter destro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

destro

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
160
Reaction score
222
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI all,

Last night I was testing my tank water parameters and witnessed the most unusual anemone behavior. One of my RBTA began releasing tiny soft white beads. At first, I thought it was just waste being expelled, but eventually after 5 minutes the tank looked like a shaken snow globe. These beads were everywhere! When the anemone was done it was completely deflated and tentacles were long and stringy.

Where was my phone to record all of this?! @#$%^!?

So, I'm looking to verify if this was my anemone trying to reproduce or is this a health issue?

Water parameters as of last night.
1.025 g
25°C
8.7 dKH
Ca 470
Mg 1470
Po4 0.05ppm

Thanks for reading my post.
 
Reporting today, my anemone is looking great again. :) (we need some coral emojis)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new