littlefishshops

phixman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to see more and more of this supplier. Apparently a lot of local fish stores use to use them before they went public. Does anyone have any experience with recent shipments in regards to the quality and health of fish? I'm thinking of buying some, but there isn't a lot of feedback yet.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would prefer to order through one of the more reputable established retailers than one that decides to spend their money on filling my facebook ads.
From what they are saying they are either a new or established wholesaler who wants to get a cut of the direct to consumer action. What makes them better than any of the other companies that already do exactly that?
My understanding is Liveaquaria is the public facing selling side of QM and Saltwater Fish is the equivalent for SDC, Same exact people that the stores are buying from. What wholesaler is more reputable than those two?
Maybe I am just salty about the spam of advertisement form them, but I would prefer to see new retailers offering value to customers with their spending. I would prefer to see new retailers making a name for themselves to, provide well conditioned fish, like Divers Den, TSM, Marine Collectors. over spending money advertising their spot in the race to the bottom on fish price.

mwrobers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked them out thinking I would pay no shipping charge by having the fish shipped directly to a lfs. I thought that was what seperated them from Live Aquaria and others. Win win win...distributor, lfs and me. I never could get the shipping to work, so I gave up. Interested to see someone's experience.

evilchef70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have placed 4 orders with them. The draw for me was the value of what I was ordering.
First order I ordered was destroyed by ups. Which sucked because I had ordered a huge colony I couldn’t get from anywhere else. Money refunded promptly. Second order was right on time and fish were larger than I had expected. Third order I had ordered some anemones. Ended up getting fish. They responded and sent out the order again. Again it was mispicked and I got fish. They offered a refund and keep the fish or keep the order and they would try again. This time no problem. The last order I got last week was delivered on time. The mother colony was huge and the fish were big and healthy and I couldn’t find them anywhere for the price I paid. It’s also the only place I have shopped that will let you break the payments up into 4.i really like that option.

FishyDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would prefer to order through one of the more reputable established retailers than one that decides to spend their money on filling my facebook ads.
From what they are saying they are either a new or established wholesaler who wants to get a cut of the direct to consumer action. What makes them better than any of the other companies that already do exactly that?
My understanding is Liveaquaria is the public facing selling side of QM and Saltwater Fish is the equivalent for SDC, Same exact people that the stores are buying from. What wholesaler is more reputable than those two?
Maybe I am just salty about the spam of advertisement form them, but I would prefer to see new retailers offering value to customers with their spending. I would prefer to see new retailers making a name for themselves to, provide well conditioned fish, like Divers Den, TSM, Marine Collectors. over spending money advertising their spot in the race to the bottom on fish price.
Liveaquaria and Salrwater Fish are not owed by either QM or SDC.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never said they were owned by them, but it is my understanding that they being directly sourced and shipped from those facilities.

Bjackson2009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to see more and more of this supplier. Apparently a lot of local fish stores use to use them before they went public. Does anyone have any experience with recent shipments in regards to the quality and health of fish? I'm thinking of buying some, but there isn't a lot of feedback yet.
Yes I bought from them about 2 months ago. Great fish! Everything loved, packaged extremely well. The only problem, their website has been down for over a month! I’ve wanted to reorder but I have no idea when it will be back online.

Bjackson2009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any idea what happened to their website or if I can order over the phone? I can’t find a phone number for them.

RNR Media Grp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwaterfish.com is SDC. At least that's what their customer service rep told me today after I questioned why the address on shipping label was showing Sea Dwellings business address.

Screenshot 2020-03-13 18.32.28.png 20200313_180739.jpg

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although at times on the expensive side, especially divers den, I have found LiveAquaria to be most reliable and consistent in quality, health and service.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although at times on the expensive side, especially divers den, I have found LiveAquaria to be most reliable and consistent in quality, health and service.
Couldn’t help but chuckle at the irony of this statement. Live aquaria was my first experience in online fish ordering. And by far the worst. Ordered 5 fish and 2 arrived dead. then 1 died the next day with a bacterial infection. I got my money back but I felt horrible. Felt like the death was on my hands for ordering in the first place.
I just viewed a thread not 30 minutes ago about a guy, who got shipped a dead white colony acro from the same vendor.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn’t help but chuckle at the irony of this statement. Live aquaria was my first experience in online fish ordering. And by far the worst. Ordered 5 fish and 2 arrived dead. then 1 died the next day with a bacterial infection. I got my money back but I felt horrible. Felt like the death was on my hands for ordering in the first place.
I just viewed a thread not 30 minutes ago about a guy, who got shipped a dead white colony acro from the same vendor.
Sorry for your experience but mine over time has been ok.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back