Live Aquaria database?

rja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have noticed something that is kinda a dropped-ball by Live Aquaria. Whenever I find an interesting fish that’s in the hobby, I always google it and find that Live Aquaria has an out-of-stock listing for that fish that is not present on their normal site. For example, I saw Polo Reef post “banana fish” which seemed very interesting. I wanted to learn more and lone behold, Live Aquaria has a link-only listing for the fish that has the pertinent information about it. But you cannot access these pages from the site itself, only by finding a link on google. Am I wrong? Is there a way to access their archived specimen listings?

If not, then they should keep a database available to everyone because there is some seriously cool fish out there that we do not really see everyday that might make a short appearance on Diver’s Den.

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying that if a fish is out of stock, you don't see its 'stats'? I have never had that issue.

Daasmo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying that if a fish is out of stock, you don't see its 'stats'? I have never had that issue.
I think they're saying that searching banana fish on Live Aquaria won't bring anything up but by searching on Google you can find a Live Aquaria page of the fish. So the suggestion is that Live Aquaria could put all the fish like that in an archive that's available directly on the site. I'm sure a lot of people would spend time just browsing all the cool fish.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're saying that they would like LiveAquaria only keeps links to fish they're actively selling on their site, not out of stock species.

To find the out of stock species, you have to do a search (like with Google) to find the pages - they don't have the links available to the public on their site.

So, OP wants them to add links into their website so people can look through the fish regardless of if it's currently being sold or not. They want it so you can find the page of each species through their site rather than through a search on Google for the pages of out of stock species.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back