• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Live Aquaria issues (SMH)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted in here in some time. I moved down to GA from NY and sold my 150 setup back then. Started with a Red Sea CMax 130 down here for the past 2 years.
Anyway on to a bigger tank and have been looking around for some fish. Decided to try out Live Aquaria for the first time, in my years of watching them, they seemed to be a decent place to order from and you pay a little more for some "quality assurance".
Anyway, Ordered 2 fish this last Saturday with the expectations listed on their site, to be shipped on Tuesday with overnight for Wednesday delivery. Took the day off from work to be home to get everything done correctly. No Fish.
Contacted them and their response is they cannot guarantee next day before 12 if they were not picked up before 11 am the day before. Not sure how that answer was relevant since I ordered on the Saturday before shipment was to be picked up. If the issue was, hey we couldn't have it ready for pick up, then that's understandable but that's not the answer I received.
Called Fed Ex and according to them, shipment label was created and never dropped off or scheduled for pick up. Ok...
So back and forth with support, basically all I wanted to know is, was the shipment sent so that I know at worst I have to take tomorrow off to be here? No answer.
Thursday, took off of work again... 12pm comes... No fish... call them up to speak to a live person. All I want to know again, can you assure me this was actually sent. Fed ex continues to say this was never picked up/dropped off there is no status. Support = yes it was sent. Ok.. so at this point should I take tomorrow off (Friday) just in case this is Fed ex issue and they do come...
Friday, took another day off... 12pm NO FISH...
Email support: At this point when do we give up on this shipment and re-order or refund me... No answer...
I let 3 hours go by and call them. Hey when do we give up on waiting for this? Today they say... Ok Can we re-order today for Saturday Delivery? We do not do Saturday delivery anymore (Covid). We can re-order to be sent out Monday for Tuesday delivery. Fine lets do it...
I ask the woman on the phone, what about the inconvenience of taking 3 days off waiting for fish that never came? I can give you a credit of $50... hmm ok what about the order? I can credit you that too.
So price of the fish I ordered went down now. The new order came out to less because of this. I tell the lady on the phone, sorry but maybe I am confused, you basically credited me my entire order? yes and you gave me an extra $50 credit? Yes... So you are placing the order again and it will basically be free for me with all this credit ? YES she answers...
Well ok, I can't be mad at that... seems like the far extreme but why would I be upset with Free?
Order placed for the same fish and apparently I know have a $67 credit on my account. ( Which I cannot see anywhere when I revisit the site )
1 hour passes, (Friday still) I email them back and ask hey, they mentioned I still have credit on the account, Can i just throw in that Haddon Carpet you have on the site (less than credit)
No answer, mind you I am on the east and they are in the West. Next day answer, sorry once an order has been completed for the sake of preparing and timeliness etc we cannot add to your order... Hmmmm... I literally emailed back within an hour, for a shipment that is to be prepared for shipment on MONDAY that has not come yet.

Back to the Credit part....
Turns out its not free, I still paid the original, that is the credit she is referring to. Ok so for taking 3 days off from work (which costs maybe 10 times what the fish are worth) you gave me a $50 credit that I cannot use and you cannot add to my order that has not even been prepared for shipment.
This is some horrible customer service. I manage an entire IT department where we ship Computers/Xbox/PS5 etc on a weekly basis and at any point you ask me about a shipment we have a ticketing system that every person that touches an item has to be accountable for, what they touched and sent out. I can check any ticket, find a tracking number, know who issued the item/shipped an item etc. So you're telling me you cannot see if this order was sent in the first place, nor even bother to check. Instead continue to tell the customer to wait for the package and then in the end act like meh whatever, we'll give you $50 and you have to pay more to even use that $50 on anything?

Just hoping these fish get here this time.... at this point in my 12 years of fish tanks, Petco has a much better track record in shipping fish...

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish arrived today. The Angel was listed as 3.5 inches adult, came in almost at 6 inches.
Powder blue looks about 3.5 inches.
So far so good. Grazing rock, picking at nori sheet i put in.
Angel has a few scratches on him and some discoloration but looks healthy so far.

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to throw an update in here...
Fish 100% have ich but they both are eating very well and I have a UV running 24/7 for now.
Both are very active, moving all day, grazing my rock all day, eating Nori, Tang eats all pellets, the Angel for some reason doesn't like Formula one or Formula two pellets but loves the tiny Thera+ pellets I give my clowns... Meh..
I think they'll both do fine, but they 100% came with this as all I have ever had in this house was 2 clowns for over 2 years. No other fish.

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah just for update purposes....
Live Aquaria sucks...
Both of these fish are still very sick... starting to eat a little less and less... Keeping an eye out.
Whatever they had, is now on my clowns that I have had for over 2 years alone.
Hoping this turns out for the best...

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back