Live Aquaria Should I order

Kyuss13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to purchase a aqua cultured blue Mandarin . I hear great things about live Aquaria aquaria but they use UPS .. have always had problems with ups . Too bad they don’t use Federal express. Have most of you guys ordered from them and received a overnight shipment by 10 AM? I don’t want my fish sitting in a box on a truck till 6pm .. what you guys think ?

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to purchase a aqua cultured blue Mandarin . I hear great things about live Aquaria aquaria but they use UPS .. have always had problems with ups . Too bad they don’t use Federal express. Have most of you guys ordered from them and received a overnight shipment by 10 AM? I don’t want my fish sitting in a box on a truck till 6pm .. what you guys think ?
They show up my ten am. I just got a cleanup crew from them. I would suggest parking yourself at the window with a bottomless cup of coffee. That's what I did. Don't be shocked when the mandarin comes in ridiculously small. Been there too... I had good luck feeding it with frozen cyclops and can o cyclops by zoo med (which I poured into a sandwich bag and froze myself)

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like them as much only cause either they are petco or they supply petco and petco has trash fish. They are always sick. I’ve ordered from saltwaterfish.com before and they go through fedex and stay at the store or u can pay an extra $10 fee to be delivered to your house. Plus saltwater fish has incentives for spending more money like giving free stuff

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just ordered from them this week. It said by 9pm the day of definitely not by 10am. That being said it came in at 3pm & was very well packed. I'm happy so far.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their polices with DOA have changed over the last few years. If UPS is an issue in your area, then take this into account - I used to live in one of these areas.

There are other vendors if you want to check them out like saltwaterfish.com and reefs4less and many others.

OP
OP
Kyuss13

Kyuss13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great responses ! Thanks guys for all the help like always ! I will Definitely be checking that other site .

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on your carrier, I've also rerouted my fish shipments to my local distribution centers and picked up there directly. I arrive at 7am and didn't need to worry about the package being on a hot truck past 10am.

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DO NOT BUY FROM LIVE AQURIA THEY ARE terrible

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I order from them its about 11 to 11:30 when ups shows up

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I’ve always had the opposite experience. FedEx always messes stuff up and UPS has never let me down.

I bought a computer from dell and fedex delivered it to 11 Idlewild Ave when I lived on 11 Idlewild Park Drive (two different roads in the same town). It took lots of teeth pulling for them to acknowledge their mistake. I also bought the best part of $1,000 worth of corals from a vendor in California with overnight delivery and fedex lost the package and took five days to get it to me. Fortunately the vendor had an arrive alive guarantee.

With fedex, I’ve found the best way to make sure you get something is to send it to one of their stores and pick it up in person. If you’re worried about UPS, have them do the same thing. It’s a little bit of a hassle, but it’ll give you peace of mind.

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had no idea liveaquaria was so despised now. Just ordered a few wrasses from there today.
Ya I've always get healthy fish from them also ordered some wrasses that came Wednesday only thing i was a little mad about i guess one of the wrasse I order wasn't in stock by the time it shipped which I wish they would notify the person before shipping

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like them as much only cause either they are petco or they supply petco and petco has trash fish. They are always sick. I’ve ordered from saltwaterfish.com before and they go through fedex and stay at the store or u can pay an extra $10 fee to be delivered to your house. Plus saltwater fish has incentives for spending more money like giving free stuff
Ehhhh petco gets a bad reputation. They're all different. My petcos fish stuff was ON POINT. Then they lost the employee that maintained the tanks, and now they're all trash. It varies from place to place

Conrad Noto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't order livestock from them much 1-2 times per year, for many years though. Everything has arrived fine. Somethings smaller than expected and the sent wrong coral once. Overall they are decent. I used their salt for few years and great salt for price point, especially if on sale.

Juliekerley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from.them before and had great success.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends where you live .... currently UPS is better than Fedex; my last house .... the opposite. I think many people may not realize that other than divers den and ORA, live aquaria is just an order taking business. All their fish come from the wholesaler Quality Marine. QM also supplies a lot of pet stores and may also supply other online sellers.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I've always get healthy fish from them also ordered some wrasses that came Wednesday only thing i was a little mad about i guess one of the wrasse I order wasn't in stock by the time it shipped which I wish they would notify the person before shipping
Im going to be very unhappy if thats the case because I've been looking for this wrasse for a long time and got lucky to find it in stock today. Guess I need to checkin on monday.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS in my area starts off reading by 10am then switches it at about 1030 to by 9pm, I usually see them around 1pm.

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to be very unhappy if thats the case because I've been looking for this wrasse for a long time and got lucky to find it in stock today. Guess I need to checkin on monday.
Ya pretty much what happened to me found a yellow chest wrasse kind of a big reason why I even made an order and nothing was said until the day of shipping when I noticed it wasn't on the list supposedly you can leave a note asking them not to ship unless they have all the fish

Back