Live rock

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any live rock options out there that don’t look like a chunk of cement like all the stuff that comes out of the gulf? Miss the old Marshall island and pukani stuff.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any live rock options out there that don’t look like a chunk of cement like all the stuff that comes out of the gulf? Miss the old Marshall island and pukani stuff.
Carib sea is pretty good!

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco rock or caribsea, don't know your definition of chunk of cement but they have irregular and natural shape and work great for me, just wait for them to be covered in algae/coral

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s something I just googled up
1691727032495.png

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures look branchy but also not like they have a lot of life on them.

The days of cheap rock straight from the reef are over unfortunately. I'm wondering if these days your best bet isn't to find someone breaking down an old tank.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures look branchy but also not like they have a lot of life on them.

The days of cheap rock straight from the reef are over unfortunately. I'm wondering if these days your best bet isn't to find someone breaking down an old tank.
That might be the best way. I saw a post tonight where a person was going to help his friend sell all his live rock from breaking down an indoor reef pool. Look in market place. Might find something

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You can get imported jakarta rock from Carolina aquatics wholesaler. Youll have to source it from an lfs. Has to be the best money I've spent on this hobby in a while, took 2 months to cure out all the sponge growth. Setup a tank right away fish, and hard level care corals without a single issue so far. Coralline covered nearly everything in 2 months, alkalinity and ph became stable after about a month. Has been 7 months now, not a single issue with anything whatsoever

I'll never setup a system without live rock now. I bought an additional 80 pounds just to have on hand
VideoCapture_20230811-003428.jpg
20230707_154551.jpg

OP
OP
frydaddy

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco and Carib sea are not live rock. Tbs, gulf live rock and kp aquatics all look like dense cement logs.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back