Gulf Live Rock Shipping

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Chicago and use the standard shipping. Always get shipped submerged. Everything always shows up in great shape. There aren’t fish in the bags, so I don’t really see what reason there would be to rush things.
Airport pickup and standard shipping seems to be about the same price for 100lbs

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 12.33.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 12.33.44 PM.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 20

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Airport pickup and standard shipping seems to be about the same price for 100lbs
If you are going to order this rock and pay all that money for shipping (which I would highly recommend) then for the sake of The Holey Panties of Saint Francis, please post some pictures of the rock when you open the box and also after you put them in the tank. This is a family site, and we need to see the new pictures of your new family of rocks.

girls panties GIF
It will be helpful to encourage the reef warriors who follow to pay the shipping and get the good stuff. :cool:
panties GIF

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to order this rock and pay all that money for shipping (which I would highly recommend) then for the sake of The Holey Panties of Saint Francis, please post some pictures of the rock when you open the box and also after you put them in the tank. This is a family site, and we need to see the new pictures of your new family of rocks.

girls panties GIF
It will be helpful to encourage the reef warriors who follow to pay the shipping and get the good stuff. :cool:
panties GIF
Yes, planning to get 150 lbs of premium rock and 175 of sand. I will most definitely take pictures and add them to my build thread.

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day what youd do is order some fiji live rock from flying fish express. It spent 2 weeks on a boat from fiji, then when it got to california theyd wrap it in some damp newspaper, and then it would be at your door 3 days later. There would be some dieoff but youd still have macros and sponges and dusters and corals for days. If after 3 days shipping the rock you receive looks like crap then it looked like crap when it was put in the box.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used Gulf Live Rock bulk shipping for several years. The first 100 pounds cost $90 and everything above 100 pounds cost $0.50 per pound. I also prefer not shipping rock submerged in water in the event something dies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back