*** Live with Reef2Reef Video Series? We need your ideas! ***

Driftdiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As time marches on we are constantly seeing new variations on old methodology being reclaimed and promoted as the next great advancement in reef keeping. Personally, I would find a frank discussion on where we are going versus where we have been to be very interesting.

How many times are we going to have someone have an epiphany about something people used to regularly do back in the 80s or 90s?

MamaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!! So we've been kicking around the idea of starting a video series where we discuss different reef topics hosted by Rev himself!

We've got some really cool ideas already brewing on this. This could be anything from interviews with industry experts, topic discussions, the SKY'S THE LIMIT! ...who knows...maybe we'll even see Rev's 400g tank in there at some point (He has a build thread he sometimes visits...) or even Leroy, the R2R mascot!

2.JPG

3.JPG

...but we're wondering...

What are some things you guys would like to see us talk about? Give us some topic ideas!

1.jpg

And, what should we call it?​
"Keepers and Reefers" could be the same of the video series. I love the idea of having videos discussing stuff. I can't tell you how many I've watched on starting a new tank! And oh how I would LOVE to see that 400g tank!!

wrypurple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see professionals show how to quarantine fish and corals and the best methods to cycle an invert-only QT system.

Hypnotoad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly, detailed tank visits of high-level hobbyists are super valuable and I don’t think there can ever be too many vids on the subject

MichaelFoley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it would be very cool to see a series on species tanks- frogfish, jellyfish, mantis, cephalopod, seahorse, etc.

mcpeachy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need more help with coral placement as far as which corals to place next to other corals. I know mushrooms use chemical warfare, and would like to avoid ruining my mixed reef by making poor choices in placement.

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see a series of videos focused on tank inhabitants, fish, corals, and inverts. There's tons of great videos on equipment and how to start a systems (thanks BRS). I'd love to see a series of videos about different species of fish, i.e. everything you wanted to know about tangs, anthias, triggers, etc. I still feel like I buy fish blind, solely seeing what liveaquaria and my lfs say.

briannanoel2016

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!! So we've been kicking around the idea of starting a video series where we discuss different reef topics hosted by Rev himself!

We've got some really cool ideas already brewing on this. This could be anything from interviews with industry experts, topic discussions, the SKY'S THE LIMIT! ...who knows...maybe we'll even see Rev's 400g tank in there at some point (He has a build thread he sometimes visits...) or even Leroy, the R2R mascot!

2.JPG

3.JPG

...but we're wondering...

What are some things you guys would like to see us talk about? Give us some topic ideas!

1.jpg

And, what should we call it?​

I’d love to learn more about sustainable reefing as well as all things mandarin related .

Goby-won

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see experts talk about specific species of fish or coral. What works with different species of fish or all about a coral - where to place it, flow, etc.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Have to agree with many of the other posts. Videos on balancing Alk/N/P for SPS growth, feeding particular fish who don't always cooperate, and more specific details on different flow patterns for SPS would be at the top of my list.

Saltyfresh1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love a video about flow , and where to have flow in different style tanks and all the devices used for flow like different wavemakers ect

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to say a thorough discussion on modern thinking / research about various filtration methods and what to use together (or aren't necessary) in a setup. For example, if you use a skimmer, algae scrubber, and UV sterilizer, do you need a carbon/GFO reactor and/or Biopellets? Are Biopellets still a good idea? Things like that.
--Kyle

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be awesome to have a "Fishlist" (like wishlist) series discussing stocking options for different sizes and types of tanks and why each fish belongs or doesn't. There are just too many options!

somekindabonita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a video on some of the common mistakes newbies make and tips on avoiding them!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back