Liveaquaria Codes and Discounts

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their prices have really gotten out of control over the last several months. I've seen tangs almost doubling in price or more since last year (Hybrid PBT used to be $150 and I just bought one a few weeks ago at $350). Unfortunately for a lot of the rarer stuff WYSIWYG, there aren't a lot of great options. Unfortunately for me I live in the middle of nowhere and the only local pet store is Petco (which I refuse to buy livestock from).

The increased free shipping price, store credit and box fee are all nuisances, but the sharp livestock price increases and if no frequent coupons, that might be it for me and them. Especially if they start getting rid of the 14-day guarantee. I've spent thousands with them and have gotten several dud fishes (which have been more and more frequent over the last year). It now seems like I might have gotten the last great deal a few weeks ago when I bought a male Feminus wrasse with 14-day guarantee and 25% off.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Their prices have really gotten out of control over the last several months. I've seen tangs almost doubling in price or more since last year (Hybrid PBT used to be $150 and I just bought one a few weeks ago at $350). Unfortunately for a lot of the rarer stuff WYSIWYG, there aren't a lot of great options. Unfortunately for me I live in the middle of nowhere and the only local pet store is Petco (which I refuse to buy livestock from).

The increased free shipping price, store credit and box fee are all nuisances, but the sharp livestock price increases and if no frequent coupons, that might be it for me and them. Especially if they start getting rid of the 14-day guarantee. I've spent thousands with them and have gotten several dud fishes (which have been more and more frequent over the last year). It now seems like I might have gotten the last great deal a few weeks ago when I bought a male Feminus wrasse with 14-day guarantee and 25% off.
same here...… Higher prices, smaller fish added costs and they have made decisions to buy elsewhere rather easy NOT TO MENTION- Their fish which are on display at Petco stores SUCXX !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not see a 15% October discount! I saw it posted on R2R.

And be careful. JACOB is now over Customer Service and he is proud of this title.

Huge reef...small fish dies, hermit get it 99% of the time...NO REFUND! It’s like the fish ****! Seinfeld.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and their frozen food shipping went from 19.99 to 29.99. And even if you order fish with frozen food the same order, it's still 29.99. Even though they both ship from California. And your frozen food purchase does not count towards the purchase total to get the $149 free shipping.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I can't believe how much they are charging now and how fast they jacked prices up and made all these other changes. Even their salt which was on sale for a very long time is now more than Instant Ocean. Pretty sad. Definitely makes it easier to shop elsewhere. I'm definitely not paying $600 for a 7" blueface angel or $150 for a tiny blue tang or $330 for a white tail bristletooth (!!) on DD.

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I can't believe how much they are charging now and how fast they jacked prices up and made all these other changes. Even their salt which was on sale for a very long time is now more than Instant Ocean. Pretty sad. Definitely makes it easier to shop elsewhere. I'm definitely not paying $600 for a 7" blueface angel or $150 for a tiny blue tang or $330 for a white tail bristletooth (!!) on DD.
The prices on their White Tail Bristeltooths are simply ridiculous to put it mildly. Insane what they're asking. And to add insult to injury they were about $75 cheaper just a couple of months ago!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Guess they dont need our business........ heck, they have Petcos to sell them.
Volume sales will always contribute to success of an entity.
If they don’t care, we shouldn’t either!! They are one of my favorite places to purchase from BUT ........ I have no soft spot for greed !!

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess they dont need our business........ heck, they have Petcos to sell them.
Volume sales will always contribute to success of an entity.
If they don’t care, we shouldn’t either!! They are one of my favorite places to purchase from BUT ........ I have no soft spot for greed !!
The Petco by me doesn't sell fish anymore. What is happening at my Petco, maybe a trend?

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a fish order today.
They didn't include the normal 15% off coupon code for October flyer they normally send.
Cut backs I guess.
Wow thats ridiculous. The lady at the customer service line two days ago told me that they have already sent out the codes with the shipment, but that she does not know when it will be valid. Seems like she was misinformed or some shenanigans are happening at LA. Also, I actually did not ask about the promo code/coupon code to the lady, I was asking an entirely different question and she thought I was talking about it. Perhaps a lot of people are phoning in an asking where the heck the code is?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy guys and gals!

Screenshot_2019-10-04-11-34-10.png

giphy.gif

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, glad to see a coupon, BUT... it’s 1 time use for 2 months...
‘just another brick in the wall’

I hear that the Black Friday sale is only for the first 5 callers!
;)
Just use it without logging into your profile. Check out as a guest and you can use the as many times as you want. I think that's what most people do. You won't accrue any rewards points but you get the 15% off.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hummm,
That kinda sounds dishonest.
I'll give it a try!;Greedy
Got to get those price increases and box fees back some how.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tried them for the first time recently and they sent the wrong specimen 4 times...yes 4 times and the last time the box was wet as they never closed the bags correctly and it drained before arrival.

The customer service was good when I finally talked to someone that would take my case personally. I still have to send final pics of the last shipping disaster but I'm hesitant to use them again.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back