Liveaquaria Codes and Discounts

CF_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this just now

45840E78-B858-4DC8-B0EE-49DEE3B35D85.png
Just want to note: this is a pretty good equivalent to a 25% coupon, as long as you only spend $200, and dont mind getting a $50 gift card that will expire within 30 days...

To make the best use of the $50 gift card, you would obviously need to order another $149 to get the free shipping and use the Oct/Nov 15% off coupon at the same time, which means you'd need to have $200 worth of goods lined up to buy, then another $149 worth almost right away...

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to note: this is a pretty good equivalent to a 25% coupon, as long as you only spend $200, and dont mind getting a $50 gift card that will expire within 30 days...

To make the best use of the $50 gift card, you would obviously need to order another $149 to get the free shipping and use the Oct/Nov 15% off coupon at the same time, which means you'd need to have $200 worth of goods lined up to buy, then another $149 worth almost right away...

And don’t forget that’s now $20 of “box charges” for two orders :rolleyes:

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need another order of 149 to use the gift card.

I usually just buy a box of salt right away.

dry goods ship free for $29

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can't use 2 coupon codes. Gotta use either or. I've tried it. I actually made an order Friday night and saw the $50 gift card deal on Saturday and was a little ticked but then I realized I saved $40+ on my order with the 15% off so it's all good.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't let you combined 15% discount with same order as $50 gift card. Or maybe no one has thought about it yet. Lol surly they wouldn't do that. But normally a gift certificate and coupon code are treated as different. After all, a gift certificate is money. But your right. Two coupon codes won't work.

Shawn_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up, everything "expert only" is arrive alive only, including Divers Den items. Hugely disappointing for me, especially on Diver's Den items. Doesn't make sense. DD items are conditioned and adjusted. They should still be covered imo.

Please note: We guarantee that ALL aquaria species we offer will arrive alive and in good condition. However, because of the increased level of care required for this particular species, it has been designated as "Expert Only." This species is recommended only for the expert aquarist, zoo, or research institution. "Expert Only" aquatic life is exempt from our extended guarantee after their arrival.

Last edited:

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And they are aggressively adding to the Expert only category, stuff that wasn't in the past now is, as far as the gift certificate code be aware that if the order falls below the threshold you don't get the gift certificate, was hosed on that one over the summer when I used the gift card code instead of the percent code and my blueface angel didn't ship, was told I would get it if the blueface shipped, you can guess what happened from there.

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up, everything "expert only" is arrive alive only, including Divers Den items. Hugely disappointing for me, especially on Diver's Den items. Doesn't make sense. DD items are conditioned and adjusted. They should still be covered imo.

Yep... that right there is the last nail in the coffin. I can now get a leopard wrasse for cheaper from LFS, no shipping or $150 minimum order, neither has guarantee but I can see it at the LFS in person and I don’t take the risk of recovery from shipping... literally every single reason I would buy from LA is gone.

LA used to be cheaper than LFS with a guarantee, the only downside was shipping and building up an order to make it worth it. As prices increased, I could still justify it for certain fragile items because I’d rather have the guarantee. But certainly can’t justify higher prices with no guarantee.

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, at these prices this is ridiculous. I had wanted to get a Female Tamarin Wrasse but at $1200 for a 2.5in specimen it comes with no 14 day guarantee. If they don't want to give that guarantee then lower your prices this is actually more than it used to cost with the guarantee.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah seems they basically jacked up prices way beyond LFS prices, which would be ok with the 14 day guarantee, but now? no thanks. guess i have to hope my lfs picks up their game on expert fish..

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah seems they basically jacked up prices way beyond LFS prices, which would be ok with the 14 day guarantee, but now? no thanks. guess i have to hope my lfs picks up their game on expert fish..
Wish I had a LFS. If I did I'd be done w/ Liveaquaria completely.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone???? There is a pair of WYSIWYG clownfish calling my name, but their new box fee and taxes is kind of a bummer.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back