liverock question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jkef2010
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jkef2010

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2013
Messages
229
Reaction score
1
Location
Baltimore,MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given about 30 pounds of dead live rock and have had it sitting on my deck since about augest. I was thinking about adding it to my tank but don't want to mess with any acid. I've read I could use bleach,vingar, boil it. I would like to try to get it as clean as possiable if anyone can help me with this Id much appreciate it. Thank you.
 
ive always bleached it and then rinsed it and let it dry for ab a month or so n no problems here but im sure theres faster ways
 
I just boil it for about an hour in my turkey cooker I have designated for just that. Never had a problem with anything regrowing on it that I can not manage.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new