Liverock sps hitch hiker

Looks similar to the remnants of Clavularia (Clove Polyps) or Briareum (Green Star Polyps/GSP).
 
I think leptastrea is a bit larger in polyp size and I know it's not GSP or clove polyps I've had both of those before.

It's a stony encrusting coral for sure
 
I think leptastrea is a bit larger in polyp size and I know it's not GSP or clove polyps I've had both of those before.

It's a stony encrusting coral for sure

I'm not 100% sure on that ID, but check this out. Definitely similar.

 
I'm not 100% sure on that ID, but check this out. Definitely similar.

You could be correct I guess I'll have to wait and see I'm sure in a couple more weeks I'll get some good growth out of it to get an ID the polyp extension and color was a surprise when I flipped off the white led portion of my light and noticed it two nights ago.

I pretty much had an extra piece of liverock that wouldn't fit in my Nuvo 16 which forced me to decide to keep the fluval edge up and running and this is the main piece of rock in it since it's a larger shelf like piece
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new