Lobophylia dying after shipment

  • Thread starter Thread starter bubba005
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bubba005

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
129
Reaction score
73
Location
Athens, Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an online coral shipment yesterday and with the exception of this Lobo, everything is very healthy and happy. I originally thought it was secreting excess mucus due to shipment stress, but I’ve realized it is actually flesh sloughing off. I moved the coral to the back corner of my tank with lower light and lower flow, but I’m curious as to whether or not it is a goner. If I can bring it back, advice is appreciated!
IMG_4813.jpeg
IMG_4812.jpeg
 
There's definitely a chance. I would contact the seller. Try to keep chemistry as consistent as able. If you start to see the development of a bacterial infection I would promptly remove the coral.
 
There's definitely a chance. I would contact the seller. Try to keep chemistry as consistent as able. If you start to see the development of a bacterial infection I would promptly remove the coral.
Already let the seller know. I’ll attempt to feed it every day until I see it eat and will keep an eye out for any bacterial infection
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new