Lobophytum (Devil Hand) temperament

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this one of the most temperamental leather coral? I have this one for close to 3 weeks now and it has shed twice and still no polyp extension. I can see where they will come out but they're still retracted.

N03 at 5 (Nyos)
P04 .06 ( Hanna)
Par is at low 100s

Current placed on sandbed, center of tank.
Devil Hand.jpg

OP
OP
PR_nano

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took my my devils handv8 months to start extending.
Thanks for the feedback. This reassure my thoughts about their temperament. I read 1 or 2 months but 8 months is crazy long time. Hope yours is doing good now.

Mine is perking up and not drooping so I take that as a good sign and I see the dots where polyps will come out. I just need to give it time to fully adjust. I was going to wait for water change but might as well continue husbandry as usual.

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a par meter but mine is getting blasted with light and pretty much always full with lot's of white polyps. All my leathers are at the top of my tank and seem to like a lot light of light and a lot of flow.

OP
OP
PR_nano

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my leathers are at the top of my tank and seem to like a lot light of light and a lot of flow.
Is the flow direct? I have a nice spot where I want to place mine but it would be directly on the mp10 path. I can always move the power head.

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the flow direct? I have a nice spot where I want to place mine but it would be directly on the mp10 path. I can always move the power head.
Well, I have two wavemakers but they point upward on either side of my 180 gallon. The flow gets dispersed pretty good. I also have 2 surge tanks above the display tank that surge about 3 gallons each every minute+ that and one points directly at my devils hand. The surge is enough to make tornados of water, so pretty powerful but it gets a break in between surges.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back