Local Reefers

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is really concentrated for local reefers in the Orlando area and withing the surroundings areas from Cocoa Beach to Clearwater Beach! Focusing on showing off your tank and getting to know each other and possibly trading corals you just want to clear out your tank or possibly sell off corals overtaking your tank. I've spoken to a few LFS owners n seems the Orlando reefing community has been dying off so let's make a come back!

Motoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m from Michigan! I loved our local forurm Michigan Reefers wish there was a forum in Florida comparable!

LeBranche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is really concentrated for local reefers in the Orlando area and withing the surroundings areas from Cocoa Beach to Clearwater Beach! Focusing on showing off your tank and getting to know each other and possibly trading corals you just want to clear out your tank or possibly sell off corals overtaking your tank. I've spoken to a few LFS owners n seems the Orlando reefing community has been dying off so let's make a come back!
Volusia reef keepers is the closest frag meet and greet. Wish there was something in Orlando just frag swap and hang.

ccampo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an active Reef club in Orlando, it is called OREO (Orlando Reef Educators Organization), formerly known as ORCA (Orlando Reef Caretakers Association), OREO owns ORCA or do business as ORCA.
We have meetings every month, and some of the meetings are frag swaps or what we call "frag events".

Go to https://o-r-c-a.org or http://www.orlandoreefeducators.org for more details

We want people to come to our meetings, every last Saturday of the month.

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E0EB4E6A-9C3D-4E4B-B28C-B571EC5A4093.jpeg

This is my little tank not full ofcorals yet I’m working on getting it there

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello local Orlando reefers. I will Ben coming that way next year. I was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a few fish stores in the area. I will be going to Disney with the family but have a few down days. I will be visiting wwc and the aquarium, any other fish stores or entertainment related to the hobby?

OP
OP
TankLife86

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is
only maybe a handful of shops in Orlando... Yeah WWC is here but I feel they're a bit pricey. You can also try out Living Reef Orlando or Top Shelf Aquatics.

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an active Reef club in Orlando, it is called OREO (Orlando Reef Educators Organization), formerly known as ORCA (Orlando Reef Caretakers Association), OREO owns ORCA or do business as ORCA.
We have meetings every month, and some of the meetings are frag swaps or what we call "frag events".

Go to https://o-r-c-a.org or http://www.orlandoreefeducators.org for more details

We want people to come to our meetings, every last Saturday of the month.

I saw the most recent one was at 7pm, are they usually that late? Asking as I work 5 out of every 6 Saturday’s and I can make the meetings of that is the usual time but any earlier and I would miss them

Tony Sini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is my 2 tanks live in orlando and have been wanting to meet people anyway to give me a heads up on the next meeting living reef is my store how did it go

OP
OP
TankLife86

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool man!!! I have 2 tanks myself but working on my 40 breeder. I'm also looking to trade corals and if any1 wants to buy my overstock corals?
20180825_141622.jpeg

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in Clermont. Just getting my 10g going and will be upping it to a 20L. But wouldnt mind talking to and even maybe meeting up with some fellow reefers

Tony Sini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya thats what i am talkin about the orlando reefers me and my girl want to meet you i have my tank she has hers now were is everybody

Tony Sini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can not be that bad were are the orlando reefers just want to talk i dont want anything we are the sweet spot of this hobby for real why cant we all just talk about our tanks

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in Clermont. Just getting my 10g going and will be upping it to a 20L. But wouldnt mind talking to and even maybe meeting up with some fellow reefers
I’m in Clermont to let’s talk reef lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back