Locating a new 90cm tank

JamieB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All
I’ve talked myself into upgrading my little nano reef to a bigger tank. I’m very limited on space at home and have an alcove that is about 92cm.

the question is, is it a good idea to squeeze a 90cm tank in here?
Am I going to have access issues or as long as I can open the front doors and get in the top should I be ok?

please see photo of alcove

Thanks
Jamie

image.jpg

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main problems that you could encounter with not being able to acess the back and limited acess to the sides are
- salt creep building up where you can’t acess
- are you able to put powerhead dry sides in eg mp10 dry sides are more than 2cm but sicce might not be (havnt measured but pretty sure they are under 2cm for most)
- cable management becomes very difficult
- only other things that come to mind are making sure the floor can hold the weight, you can get power and it dosnt get too much natural sunlight (a lot of algae growth)

OP
OP
J

JamieB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main problems that you could encounter with not being able to acess the back and limited acess to the sides are
- salt creep building up where you can’t acess
- are you able to put powerhead dry sides in eg mp10 dry sides are more than 2cm but sicce might not be (havnt measured but pretty sure they are under 2cm for most)
- cable management becomes very difficult
- only other things that come to mind are making sure the floor can hold the weight, you can get power and it dosnt get too much natural sunlight (a lot of algae growth)
Thanks so much, the power heads is the big thing I hadn’t considered. I can put them at the back or at the sides as the front portion of the sides will still be available so should be ok

thanks
Janie :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back