-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411229615.298086.jpg

Impressive packing by LA. Lots of water!

ATL Red Granuloas + Red Shortcake (not shown)

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted an update in a really long time, so I'm long overdue to post a few pictures of the reef. I haven't been able to get good shots of the aquarium since I run so much blue lightening. Tonight I seemed to have gotten most of that worked out, although the images are a lot more grainy than I would like! I'm hoping to upgrade from my Nikon D40 sometime next year to a D5300. I hope that will allow me to take better pictures.

FTS - December 2014

full_tank_shot_december_2014_by_logzor-d88xapf.jpg

Icefire Echinate Topdown

icefire_topdown_december_2014_by_logzor-d88xatl.jpg

Last edited:

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great Logan. Please post more pics! :)

mc-cro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking great! that frag of ice fire I got from you was really starting to take off. I came home yesterday, and found it face down in Lobo. somebody(something) actually broke the putty loose( been there for like 8 months, and pushed it off the rock. ) I was not happy, I trimmed all the dead skeleton back and remounted, its still a good size piece, but nothing like your monster.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking great! that frag of ice fire I got from you was really starting to take off. I came home yesterday, and found it face down in Lobo. somebody(something) actually broke the putty loose( been there for like 8 months, and pushed it off the rock. ) I was not happy, I trimmed all the dead skeleton back and remounted, its still a good size piece, but nothing like your monster.

Thanks man! Sorry to hear that it fell, I absolutely hate when that happens! Hopefully it will recover nicely, if it does not, please let me know.

mc-cro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have a discruntled snail or conch in my tank, In the last few days I also found a unknown purple deep water pushed into a favia, its completely gone. and a psammocoral also broke off its rocks and sitting dangerously close to another lobo. stuff thats been puttied in place for months suddenly vandalized. I may need to interrogate the wife

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to update. We need loads of coral shots too. :)

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm slacking a bit on posting! Most of my SPS have grown considerably since my last FTS. Although I lost my entire Red Dragon colony after it was badly stung by the large brain coral at the bottom right. I have one tiny frag remaining. Pretty bummed about that, but I'll grow it back.

I'm working on re-scaping the far right side of the reef due to corals overgrowing. My birdsnest and montiporas have taken over and are killing acros! My plan is to move all the acros I have glued at the bottom of my reef up to a better place on the rockwork once I clear some space. With my reef being in the 'mature' phase I have to make some hard decisions about what corals stay and go. There is too much competition for space! Oh and 10" sweeper tentacles from that brain coral don't make things easier!

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. Sorry about the Red Dragon...it'll grow back hopefully. Now we just need the photos. :D

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update of my WWC Pink Duster. One of my favorite corals, has a plating growth pattern.

Pardon the cloudy water, cleaned up bunch of algae out of my sump.

Thanks all for the encouragement, work has been busy and stressful, feels good to snap a few shots of the reef.

wwc_pink_duster_by_logzor-d8w1jxv.jpg

g6gang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted an update in a really long time, so I'm long overdue to post a few pictures of the reef. I haven't been able to get good shots of the aquarium since I run so much blue lightening. Tonight I seemed to have gotten most of that worked out, although the images are a lot more grainy than I would like! I'm hoping to upgrade from my Nikon D40 sometime next year to a D5300. I hope that will allow me to take better pictures.

FTS - December 2014

full_tank_shot_december_2014_by_logzor-d88xapf.jpg

Icefire Echinate Topdown

icefire_topdown_december_2014_by_logzor-d88xatl.jpg
Is that the same Icefire from the small frag you posted in 2011? Very nice growth.. I still am not good enough at this hobby to grow sps, but you have some really nice pieces wanting me to keep trying.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the same Icefire from the small frag you posted in 2011? Very nice growth.. I still am not good enough at this hobby to grow sps, but you have some really nice pieces wanting me to keep trying.

Yep it's the same one! The colony needs trimming badly so I'll have some for sale at the next local frag swap.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back