OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just upgraded to the ATI LED Powermodule. So far I really like it but I do miss my Reefbrites! I might try to find a way to install them onto the new fixture.

Right now I'm running half B+ and half Pure Actinic. I'm slowly ramping up the LED's, right now they're on a custom setting similar B+ but only run at 28%. I'm bumping up around 3% per week.

I'm also going to try taking some video on the iPhone 6S. I need to crank up the whites on the LEDs though.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logan, the ATI Hybrid contains Royal Blue and Blue LED's, so what is it about the Reefbrites that you miss? Does the reefbrite have something else within the spectrum?

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logan, the ATI Hybrid contains Royal Blue and Blue LED's, so what is it about the Reefbrites that you miss? Does the reefbrite have something else within the spectrum?

I believe the Reefbrites use a proprietary LED that has a slightly different spectrum than the Royal Blue. In my opinion they popped the color a little better. I had two of the XHO's attached to the outside of my old 7 bulb T5 fixture. Since I could independently swivel the Reefbrites I could get better light coverage on the front and back edges of my aquarium. I can achieve this by raising up my ATI, but it's not as effective this way.

The Reefbrites are 100% Royal Blue spectrum, whereas the ATI's are a mix. So overall I had more blue LED wattage with the XHO's. I think I might just need to experiment more with the ATI LED settings, but I'm extremely cautious of how high I turn them up! I don't want to fry my corals so I'm taking it really slow.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm...Does the reefbrite look more purple? I've never seen one in person so trying to figure out what they are using.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not more purple, it looks very similar to the Royal Blue but just tweaked slightly. I'll check on the RB website to see if they have more information.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired a frag of this insane acro from my friend
@aquavista99

I need to confirm which him which acro this is, but out of his collection, this one really stood out to me...orange poylps, neon green tips, purpose base.

Photo is under 400W radiums, pure daylight shot.

0e56c6a4ce958236f924ffe761ae64a7.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang that beauty is hairy!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't posted an update in a really long time, so I'm long overdue to post a few pictures of the reef. I haven't been able to get good shots of the aquarium since I run so much blue lightening. Tonight I seemed to have gotten most of that worked out, although the images are a lot more grainy than I would like! I'm hoping to upgrade from my Nikon D40 sometime next year to a D5300. I hope that will allow me to take better pictures.

FTS - December 2014

full_tank_shot_december_2014_by_logzor-d88xapf.jpg

Very nice. what is the blue fish with the stripes in that tank, hard too see?

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I thought they were but they were glowing blue.. Thanks

I have 6 of them in the tank, used to have 10, but a couple died and others jumped out. During feeding time those fish will fly to the surface at maximum speed and smack into the netting the covers the aquarium.

They tend to reflect the blue light from my fixture.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I've owned the ATI hybrid I've struggled with how to best utilize the LEDs in the fixture. Each of the THREE clusters in the 8-bulb fixture are 75w which is the same power as the old AI Sol Blues. You could argue that you can almost light the entire tank just with the LEDs. Having said that it's a lot of LED power in a very compact module. What you get is a beam of concentrated light right under the LEDs that is much higher than the rest of the tank.

I went ahead and removed one of the metal LED reflectors. Now I've removed all of them seeing how well the light spreads without them.

Check out how the hot spot goes away after removing the reflector. Crazy. There is a piece of cardboard over the top of my tank so I can demonstrate the difference (and not lose the hex screws). Posted from my phone...sorry for the gigantic photos...

Spread of the intensity can be seen here with only the left reflector removed.

8adf9f6f0b9b33431c6bc716621c5c50.jpg

Below you can see more light spillage on the left module showing a full 180 degree light spread without the reflector.

ab1a8d4e9cb59ff128c8febbfa7754f4.jpg

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an update on the ATL Red Granulosa? I may purchase one from the Diver's Den.

Nope I managed to kill it! Bummer, right? However my Oregon Tort from DD is doing great and super deep blue!

How is your SPS collection going? I haven't looked at your tank/build thread in forever. I know at one point you had some sweet collector pieces and colonies. Hope you are doing well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back