Long Nose Butterfly Questions

mikebsera91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this 5” long nose for about 2 weeks now in QT. Ate like a pig from day 2. His dorsal fin there came like this, doesn’t seem to affect him at all. Will this grow back to normal over time? I noticed the bone to turn brown.
Also, I’m starting a round of Prazi now just as precautionary but wasn’t going to do CP. There’s a TINY white spot on side fin there (in photo) but no more that I can see. Would you us copper regardless or just monitor?

Also any other advice for these would be appreciated.

IMG_8741.jpeg

IMG_8742.jpeg

OP
OP
M

mikebsera91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think the tissue would grow back but have no personal exp with tissue growling back over actual cartilage, have had many fish with no fins left that have recovered completely. if you doing prazi I dont see why you wouldn't do copper.
Same time with the Copper Power or after start it up in small increment?

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do copper first myself , you might be able to do prazi at same time I cant remember . Youll have to look into that. I use copper power , I just followed directions on the bottle and used a hanna copper checker to monitor the amount in the water. I think you keep it at 2.5 if you search copper power on here theres some pretty good post about it.
Same time with the Copper Power or after start it up in small increment?

OP
OP
M

mikebsera91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do copper first myself , you might be able to do prazi at same time I cant remember . Youll have to look into that. I use copper power , I just followed directions on the bottle and used a hanna copper checker to monitor the amount in the water. I think you keep it at 2.5 if you search copper power on here theres some pretty good post about it.
I’ve read that at the same time it could cause bacterial blooms.
I will hold off since Prazis 3-5 days. Once that’s down, I’ll start the CP at 2.5 for an additional 2 weeks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back