Long Nose Butterfly

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,212
Reaction score
932
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So.... people who have or have had Long Nose Butterflies, do they attack corals and clams? It's a fish I'd love to have, but I do have LPS and Clams in my tank. I know the official position is "with caution" but that can sometimes be like a legal disclosure: must be included. What are the chances of one actually attacking LPS and Clams? (I like my Clams and want more!)
 
Mine really liked acans and sun coral during the first week after I added him, but for some reason he stopped going after them and I haven't really seen him nip at anything else since then. I feed heavily 4 times a day, so that might be the reason too. I've had him for about 4 months now.

1790717155952.png
 
Mine really liked acans and sun coral during the first week after I added him, but for some reason he stopped going after them and I haven't really seen him nip at anything else since then. I feed heavily 4 times a day, so that might be the reason too. I've had him for about 4 months now.

1790717155952.png
That's beautiful! I'm glad he's given up his criminal ways!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new