Long polyp toadstool question

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I bought a long polyp toadstool leather about 2 months ago and he’s a happy guy, opens daily and is growing nicely.
He came shipped to me, attached to a small life rock so I just stuck him on top of another rock where he’s been happily blowin in the wind. Should I remove him from that small piece of life rock? Or, just allow him to overgrow it himself? Don’t wanna hurt the little dude, since he’s doing well. But don’t know the normal protocol

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it deosn't matter. I'm not sure how you would get it off the rock, but it will eventually overgrow the rock. If you want you can slice it off and glue it where you want, but its up to you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi, I bought a long polyp toadstool leather about 2 months ago and he’s a happy guy, opens daily and is growing nicely.
He came shipped to me, attached to a small life rock so I just stuck him on top of another rock where he’s been happily blowin in the wind. Should I remove him from that small piece of life rock? Or, just allow him to overgrow it himself? Don’t wanna hurt the little dude, since he’s doing well. But don’t know the normal protocol
Allow it to remain. They dont need a rock but rock provides a good platform.

Nick711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfectly fine on the rock, actually preferable imo over a frag plug.

My neon toadstool also came on a piece of LR. I superglued / epoxied it onto one of my other rocks and it now blends in w. that rock seamlessly

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfectly fine on the rock, actually preferable imo over a frag plug.

My neon toadstool also came on a piece of LR. I superglued / epoxied it onto one of my other rocks and it now blends in w. that rock seamlessly
I love that! After starting over due to a Oenone Fulgida plague, I decided to anchor a lot of my frags that were doing well. The plugs are just ugly imo lol But a couple did come on rocks. One was a zoa colony and the other was the toadstool. I will leave them both.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back