Long polyp toadstool question

piscesgirl

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
180
Reaction score
318
Location
Bayview
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I bought a long polyp toadstool leather about 2 months ago and he’s a happy guy, opens daily and is growing nicely.
He came shipped to me, attached to a small life rock so I just stuck him on top of another rock where he’s been happily blowin in the wind. Should I remove him from that small piece of life rock? Or, just allow him to overgrow it himself? Don’t wanna hurt the little dude, since he’s doing well. But don’t know the normal protocol
 
I would say it deosn't matter. I'm not sure how you would get it off the rock, but it will eventually overgrow the rock. If you want you can slice it off and glue it where you want, but its up to you.
 
Hi, I bought a long polyp toadstool leather about 2 months ago and he’s a happy guy, opens daily and is growing nicely.
He came shipped to me, attached to a small life rock so I just stuck him on top of another rock where he’s been happily blowin in the wind. Should I remove him from that small piece of life rock? Or, just allow him to overgrow it himself? Don’t wanna hurt the little dude, since he’s doing well. But don’t know the normal protocol
Allow it to remain. They dont need a rock but rock provides a good platform.
 
Perfectly fine on the rock, actually preferable imo over a frag plug.

My neon toadstool also came on a piece of LR. I superglued / epoxied it onto one of my other rocks and it now blends in w. that rock seamlessly
 
Perfectly fine on the rock, actually preferable imo over a frag plug.

My neon toadstool also came on a piece of LR. I superglued / epoxied it onto one of my other rocks and it now blends in w. that rock seamlessly
I love that! After starting over due to a Oenone Fulgida plague, I decided to anchor a lot of my frags that were doing well. The plugs are just ugly imo lol But a couple did come on rocks. One was a zoa colony and the other was the toadstool. I will leave them both.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new