Long Skinny White Worms

TooMuchDog

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed these worms a few times on the rock but today is the first time I've been able to get a good look at one on the glass. Seems way to smooth to be a bristle worm, but isn't flat like a flatworm. After being on the glass for a while it went down into the sand. It looks like there might be more in the sand against the glass as well.

20200619_092659.jpg
 
bump, more pics could help :)
 
vid not working for me on pc??
 
working now,don't know,others will come :)
 
@KJ ..thanks :cool:
 
Hard to tell. Google Syllidae sp.
 
Hard to tell. Google Syllidae sp.
I don't think that's it. There wasn't any arms or bristles or anything. It was totally smooth
 
This was about 50mm long crawling across the glass, same as your photo.
I don't think much lives in the sand in my tank, its only 50ltrs and I have a diamond watchman gobie that's sifted probably every grain since I added him:rolleyes::).
 

Attachments

  • worm.jpg
    worm.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 394
This was about 50mm long crawling across the glass, same as your photo.
I don't think much lives in the sand in my tank, its only 50ltrs and I have a diamond watchman gobie that's sifted probably every grain since I added him:rolleyes::).
You sound exactly like I did when I found them haha. We have an engineer goby that tears our sand up too. You can actually see his head poking out in the first picture. When I first saw them our sand was pretty dead but after a few months they seemed to multiply and set up shop in the sand. Now a few more months later their population is down a lot, I haven't seen any on the glass, and corals and fish are happy. If you find anything else they could be let me know. I'm no longer worried about them but still curious if they're something else.
 
I also found one of these today, anybody ever figure out what they are?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new