Long spine urchin care

  • Thread starter Thread starter Omakoshark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Omakoshark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
157
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I just purchased a long spine urchin for my 32.5 gallon flex. I’m aware these urchins’s spines grow fast. How long do you think it will live comfortably? And do you have any additional care tips?
 
Hey! I just purchased a long spine urchin for my 32.5 gallon flex. I’m aware these urchins’s spines grow fast. How long do you think it will live comfortably? And do you have any additional care tips?
They can grow pretty quickly. I would say you could get by for about a year but then you definitely need a bigger tank!!!
 
Hey! I just purchased a long spine urchin for my 32.5 gallon flex. I’m aware these urchins’s spines grow fast. How long do you think it will live comfortably? And do you have any additional care tips?
Assure it gets constant food supply (algae, seaweed and pieces of shrimp). also they do not do well with chemistry changes so stability is a must and salinity of at least 1.026
As for lifespan, will depend on tank conditions, water qulity and diet
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new